I was recently invited to attend a Kenexa Enablement/Partner training, and at the time I did not have very much knowledge of Kenexa, I just remember hearing about it when it was acquired by IBM.
With the majority of my experience in the WebSphere Portal/WCM area, I wasn't sure what to think about
the Smarter Workforce area in general, much less a group of products centered around HR, but I came away very impressed.
I had done a little bit of homework so I knew Kenexa provided employment and retention services, but I didn't know to what extent.
I was thoroughly impressed with everything I was introduced to,but a few of the things that really stood out to me were:
1) The ability to streamline and "workflow" the hiring process so you can easily see where any and all candidates are in the hiring process.
2) The depth of the assessments such as requiring a ranking of how you'd respond in a certain situation rather than just picking the "best" answer.
3) Rather minimal system requirements compared to other products that I've recently worked with.
4) Flexibility when integrating with other products!
5) Using analytics to the point where you can see when (even the time of day) the most qualified people apply for particular jobs
6) The variety and depth of the skill assessment tests available
7) The amount of time as well as money that's typically spent hiring a new employee, even if it's just a seasonal employee and how much those costs can be cut using the Smarter Workforce line of products.
Overall, I am very impressed with the depth and breadth around the group of products, and I'm looking forward to learning more about the suite of products offered and sharing that experience.
For those of you unfamiliar with Kenexa, I recommend checking out the following link to read more about the products and also to check out the blogs: